Thursday, June 23, 2011

Organic Aid Vitamin E Moisturising Cream

I usually tend to avoid cream products as I have oily combination skin and creams tend to break me out.  However, due to some strange reason, my skin was getting rather dry and it was a painful experience because I was breaking out due to the dryness!  Saying I was at loss was an understatement.  I'm still trying to figure out the cause of the break out but I was more active in trying to look for a product that would help me overcome the dryness.  I'm pretty sure that once the dryness give way to being moistured, the breakouts will cease.

On the other side, I do know that Vitamin E is good for the skin to help the skin.  I've read here that some of the other benefits of Vitamin E are these:
  • vitamin e products help reduce the appearance of stretch marks
  • vitamin e can help prevent the appearance of age spots
  • it helps maintain the skin’s oil balance during the cleansing process
  • it reduces transepidermal water loss from skin and strengthens the skin’s barrier function
Based on this, it would seem that Vitamin E does function well when applied onto the skin.

I noticed this Organic Aid product for eons, but because of my aversion to cream products, I never did get my hands on it.  That is, until recently (so you could imagine the desperation that I have to resort to creams due to the dryness and tightness of my skin).  I am thankful that they do produce two sizes, so that I can grab the smaller one to try.


Here's the description:
New vitamin E moisturizing cream with amino acids is a  gentle and effective skin-care product that contains vitamin E to promote and maintain a healthy, radiant complexion. And amino acids to help restore nutrients to rough skin. Our special formula also includes natural emollients for added softness, plus moisture replenishing humectants to protect against the sun and wind. One application of Vitamin E Moisturizing Cream will soothe and refresh dry, rough skin and leave it creamy-smooth and naturally beautiful.

And here's the ingredients:
Deionized Water, Glycol Monostearate, Propylene Glycol Monostearate, Diglycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Hydrolized Amino Acids, Vitamin E (1000 I.U. d-Alpha Tocopheryl) and Fragrance.

I did a check online and found that their main website does not contain anymore skin care, rather, only their hair care and hand care sets.  I guess they are phasing out?  Not very sure though.

It's stated on the bottle that it's non-sticky and non-greasy, which to me, is quite rare given that it is a cream product.  We all do know that there is some level of greasiness and stickiness when it comes to a cream product.


 However, to my surprise, Organic Aid Vitamin E Moisturising Cream really is as it claims.  The initial feel of this product is that it feels thick and a little hard to apply.  It seems to be absorb to the skin right immediately, unlike other creams and lotions which you would need to massage them to get your skin absorb it.  There seemed to be a layer of film during the initial few seconds (or minutes?) but right after that there isn't any stickiness or greasiness, as said earlier.  I am rather impressed by it.


After a couple of weeks of consistent application day and night (seriously, I had to use it during the day cause my skin was that bad), I find my skin is getting better.  I look more refreshing and was regaining the fair and unblemished look.  Alright, there are still a bit of scarring on my skin that has yet to fade off from the breakout, but it's good to say the least that I don't have crazy breakouts anymore, except those that tend to pop up during that time of the month.  My skin also feels smoother and softer.  I quite like touching my skin nowadays... haha.. crazy I know.

I find that my skin is not as oily as last time too, which is good because I don't have to keep wiping my face to get rid of the oil.  Looks like the Vitamin E is working eh?  I am truly happy with this Organic Aid Vit E Moisturising Cream.

I will definitely re-purchase this item once I'm done with it.  For RM14.88 (or less during promotion), it is worth the purchase.

No comments: