Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

I think most people would've gotten the bottle of Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion one way or the other.  I am, of course, of no exception.  I've gotten mine a while back and it took me a while to realise that I have yet to blog about it.  Woah... maybe that's the result of reading numerous blogs talking about this item.

Likewise the introduction.  Apparently this item is so hot that 1 is being sold every 4 seconds.  That means, these are flying off the shelf even as you are reading this blog (you counting time now?).  This item, manufactured by Rohto Hadalabo, contains Super Hyaluronic Acid (SHA), which is known for its capacity to lock in and retain moisture and is said to result in elastic, young-looking skin.  Now, that's where the promise "one drop locks up an ocean" is birthed from.

Before I go on, I really have to say this.  I love the simplicity that comes with the design.  Truly, I do.  The clear see through bottle allows me to see how much I have left, thus cutting the need of me running out of the item (then again, this lasts me like forever! I am still using my first bottle even after one year).  The bottle cap is designed to allow me to just tilt the bottle and out comes the sufficient amount of the lotion for my whole face. I don't have to worry about spilling or pouring out too much (can you imagine the amount of patting in order to get the lotion onto your skin if there's too much?).  Nor do I have to worry about having a bottle that's all distorted (sometimes I get distracted by the distorted look of my tubes or bottles... silly me, really)

Now what about the lotion.  It is clear, slightly runny and scent-free(yay to that!).  It really does look like water, albeit slightly thicker/denser.  For me, as mentioned earlier, I only need on drop for my entire face, focusing on my cheeks as they tend to be drying.  What I do is I start patting around my cheeks area before moving to my forehead and chin.  Careful to pat and not slap yourself (I have to admit, sometimes I get overzealous and ended up slapping myself... painful lei).  It does take about a minute or so for it to be fully absorbed (bearing in mind, one drop for me).  There were times the lotion came out slightly more than usual, or there are times when my skin felt as though it is not absorbing as quickly as normal, I'll just lie down on my bed and continue to pat until it turned sticky.  From thereon, I know it's gonna be fully absorbed into my skin and so I'll just continue to pat for a few moments more.  It's awesome feeling.

I'll be honest, I only use this at night and these days, on nights where I am not so lazy.  That's the main reason this bottle lasts me soooo long.  I don't really have the patience to be patting it all the way but this is what I reach out for when I feel that my skin is really dry up.  I always wake up the next day with a moisturised skin.  It's a yay when that happens.  Sometimes, what I'll do is I'll pat this in and add a sheen of moisturiser or I'll grab my sleeping mask and top it up (especially the cheeks area) when my skin is utterly dry and cracking.  I have to say, my skin turns beautiful the next day!

I did an experiment where I soak two pieces of my cotton and stuck them onto my cheeks for about 15 minutes.  After removal, I could instantly feel that my skin is "replenished".  This, I am certain, will be something that I will do on alternate days to keep my cheeks nourished and bouncy!

I am already tempted to buy the second bottle to keep but am resisting it because I have no idea when I would finish my existing bottle.  Madness really, but an utterly "smart" lotion that one must have with them.

Do you remember the ad?  Check it out below:


No comments: