Thursday, February 2, 2012

Aquamoist Moisture Base

First and foremost, I have to apologise for neglecting my blog for so long.  It's been a crazy start of the year and it is still quite crazy.  I've decided that I'd better get started here lest I'll never blog anymore!  I'm hoping that things will go slow on me after these two months.

Now, into the main topic.  I bought this Aquamoist Moisture Base out of a whim because I couldn't resist the price.  This was purchased last year around May.  I think they were in the midst of preparing for  GSS and I happened to go to BHG in Bugis (another one of my fav hangout in SG).  I'm not entirely sure what's the price here in Malaysia, but it was going for SGD5.95!  Now tell me, how does one resist such good prices when you know the product ranges from 40 to 60 here in Malaysia?  I do wonder sometimes why we in Malaysia are paying for so much when things can get so cheap in our neighbouring country.




One of the very first thing that caught my eye is the simplicity of its packaging.  Yes, I'm a sucker for simplicity.  That's why I'm a fan of Muji! hehe... Anyhow, the packaging is simple and yet it stands out like a sore thumb.  Trust me, it wasn't easy to get a good picture of this item.  Too reflective =p

How does it fare?  I have to say that I love it.  It definitely helps to prep my skin before make up and because it's a moisture base, it keeps my skin, especially my cheeks are that tends to drier, to be supple.  It functions well as a protective layer of my skin before make up.  There are times when I feel that my skin seems to be oilier and I applied the Moisture Base without any moisturiser.  This was something that I learnt from Lisa Eldridge's video about primer.  I was practically drooling over the different primers and base that she was sharing in the video.  I do wish we have some of them here.  Ops, okay... coming back to the main topic.  I wish I could just go and grab it but honestly, in Malaysia, I do feel that this item is slightly pricey (yes, even though I do not know the price of it).  Who knows, maybe I should head down to SG this coming May or June to scout for it again?

No comments: