Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Watsons Deep Cleansing Nose Pore Strips with Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera Extract


To be honest, I was a little hesitant to buy this item.  Maybe because it's under the Watsons brand.  Having a in-house brand items is something that's being practiced back in Australia wayyy back, but being back in Asia, there's this sense of hesitancy and reluctance to give it a try.  Nonetheless, I was a little desperate as I couldn't find any other brand besides Biore (doesn't really work for me), so I thought, oh well, what the heck.

When I opened it up, the first thing that hits me is that it doesn't have the creases in between to make way for the shape of the nose, not as what was in the picture.  It doesn't fair well for me because I find it hard to fit the shape of my nose without those creases here and there.


Secondly, it's thinner than the Charcoal one that I was using prior. It does feel a little weird due to the lack of crease and the thin texture.

Thirdly, when I brought it close to my nose to stick it, I was suddenly engulfed by this overpowering smell!  It's herb-like and it's very, very strong.  I reckon it might be the witch hazel smell.  Ergh... if you are sensitive to smell, please, stay away from this product.

In the midst of all these, I have to say that it works.  It really sticks to your nose, so you have to make sure it's position rightly because sticking, because it doesn't budge once you stick it in.  Also, because it's thinner than the usual strips, it dries rather quickly.  It's easily removable too, which I believe is because it's thin.  At the same time, it does clear my nose of the gunks!  Nope, no pictures of the gunk this time round.  I doubt you can see it clearly though.

Seriously, it's just the smell that turns me off.  Otherwise, I'd say this is a good buy.

No comments: