Monday, July 26, 2010

DIY: Mung Bean Yoghurt Mask

I don't remember if I've ever mentioned that since the beginning of this year, I've been having breakouts non-stop.  It's really bad honestly, for a person who barely has breakouts in the past few years.  I was wondering whether it was due to a change in my hormone or if it's just purely due to the hot weather.  I guess there is a possibility of both, along with the work stress that came my way (Oh my! so many reasons eh!).

Well, I didn't really want to pay a big fortune to go to facials due to a bad experience whereby my skin got even worse after spending thousands on facials thus I started scouting online for alternative!

I chanced upon an entry by Viva Woman on the use of Mung Bean and yoghurt as an anti-blemish mask.   This piques my attention and created the desire for me to experiment.  The thought of using natural day to day available kind of ingredients for beauty is quite an interesting thought, don't you think so?

So, roughly a month or so, I started hunting for Mung Bean here in the stores.  Okay, I know you can blend it on your own, but because Sesame from Viva Woman was able to find the powder form of it, I'd figured it won't be that hard right? Well, I was wrong! It's super hard to find it here.  The only type that I found was actually used by Indians to cook their special curries or ingredients.  I was hesitant to buy it at first because it the Mung Beans were roasted before it was grind.  But desperation calls as my skin gets much worse and I bought it!  


Well now, it's just very easy to do.  All I need to do is mix the powder and yoghurt together.  As for me, I prefer to have more yogurt in the mixture as it seems to be smoother on my skin. I tried mixing more of the mung bean powder and it seems quite harsh on my skin when I wash it off.  I don't actually have any measurement, just by instinct =p


How did it turn out?  Okay, the pimples did not disappear overnight, that's for sure.  What I realise was that the pimples seems to have calmed down a bit everytime I use the mask (every alternative days, when I am not lazy!).  That's good cause I don't want the pimples to go bursting on me, honestly.  After a couple of weeks of doing it, I realised that my freckles/pigments have also lighten! Woah! Now that's something that I didn't imagine would take place.


So all in all, this is a good try and me likey very much.  I just bought another tub of yoghurt so that I can make the mask =p

No comments: