Monday, December 6, 2010

Daiso's Beeswax Lip Balm (Beeswax + Peach Fragrance)

I'm not a very consistent person when it comes to lipstick, lip balms and lip gloss.  I can do my eye make up and leave my lips bare naked.  That, I have to admit, is my regular look =p  However, the past few weeks my lips has been acting on and off; whereby it gets rather dry on days that the skin's peeling.  That really look quite miserable when I caught myself in the mirror.

So as I was browsing at Daiso after my session with my Chiropractor, I saw this little lip blam.  What attracted me was the Peach fragrance.  I'm a sucker for peach and I love to eat peach.  I definitely cannot eat this lip balm, but I thought it would be interesting.

It does look like any other lip balms around.

It states on the label that it's Made in Taiwan.  Somehow, I always think that stuff from Taiwan looks good and does work a fair bit for me.  One thing that made me laughed out loud when reading the label was this:

Warning: Stop using if lip affections develop after use.

Now, I thought one uses it to look good and for those who kisses others (ahem, family also can kiss the cheeks right!), it looks like this lip balm doesn't work for you? Haha, anyhow....

I like the fact that this lip balm does not have that clinical smell, as well as no overwhelming smell too.  It carries more of the vanilla smell and it's quite pleasant.  If you don't fancy vanilla smell, I don't think this is for you though.  That aside, the stick itself isn't those soft and wobbly ones.  I quite like that it glides on your lip quite well.  I don't have to worry about smacking it on my lips too hard and have it broke on me, nor do I have to worry that the stick is too hard to the point where I need to press this lip balm onto my lip.

It does leave a bit of a heavy feeling after putting on, but then again, because I am one who does not like to have anything on her lips, you can take it with a pinch of salt eh. 

Now, does it work to keep my lip from cracking further?
It does, but not as immediate as I wish it to be (need to learn that nothing happens in an instance, gotta be patient).  I usually apply it overnight if I could remember.  Else, it will be a dash of it before I dash out of the door.  Works on well and last me till lunch time and I don't exactly feel it on my lip.

With so many choices out there, I guess it'll be a while before I revisit it again.  But I do think at the price of RM5 for a lip balm of normal size, it does a fair and decent job without having to suffer through some odd smelling balms.  

No comments: