Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shills Deep Cleansing Black Angel Bamboo Charcoal Whitening Mask

I requested from Only Beauty this particular mask and thought that it would be interesting to give it a try.
(picture taken off the internet)

The mask is supposed to help in the following manner (description found from the internet): 

Angel Bamboo Charcoal Whitening Mask is an ultra-fine particles technology embed in bamboo charcoal with the capacity of anti-bacteria with excellent absorption that can draw out and decompose the impurities such as sebum and dirt inside pores. The far infrared ray released from bamboo charcoal can facilitate the essence infiltrate deep into skin. 

The special blend of Hawaii seaweed gel can facilitate your skin metabolism and regulate sebum secretion, to fight against signs of aging. The Hyaluronic acid enhances your skin hydration, which can quench your skin. Arbutin, Chamomile extract and peppermint extract, which can not only calm and relax your tensed skin, but also brighten your skin in a wink of an eye. Your skin will look luminous with irresistible charm! 

I'd have to say that havent the black mask over my face looks weird and definitely feels weird.  I doubt we ever put anything black onto my face, save for the healpharm nose pore cleaner.  One thing that kind of put me off was the smell of the mask.  It smells odd.  It's not yucky smelling, but it smells a bit like watery airy kind of smell.  Can't actually describe it but it is something that put me off though.

How does it fair?

In terms of cleanliness, it does fair well.  I skin feels more purified, if you know what I mean.    I massaged the remaining lotion into my skin and it felt rather nice.  However, after a few minutes, I felt a tingling on my skin and touching it, it felt warmer.  I guess it may be the ingredients of the mask lotion working.  I left it as it is for a while, till I felt a tightening of my skin.  Worried that my skin will get tighter and drier, I quickly applied some moisturiser onto my skin.  It felt better that way.  I guess since this is considered a purifying mask, we need to remember to apply moisturiser once we are done with it.  This is so that our skin won't get too dry and have some misgivings.

Even after shower at night, my face still feels clean.  I quite like the feeling.  Then again, this is definitely not a regular mask for me to use because I doubt my skin can tolerate it well.  Maybe a bi-monthly affair.

I might re-buy, however, that would be after I am done with all the masks that I have in my drawer! 

No comments: