Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Human Nature Strengthening Natural Shampoo

I started browsing Down To Earth after reading about Paris B's post.  I have to admit, reading beauty bloggers can definitely create a hole in your pocket! Haha...

Nonetheless, I've been looking around for a shampoo that can help with my hair loss.  It's getting quite bad in the recent years, and I was hunting high and low for a shampoo that works for me.  I came across their Strengthening Natural Shampoo and after having read reviews of it, decided to make a purchase once I'm done with my old ones (my way of curbing my splurges now is to buy replacement when I am about to finish).  This works very well for me as Down To Earth's postage services (of course, with our Poslaju as well) is truly excellent.  I ordered on a Thursday mid morning and received my items the very next day!  Talk about being efficient.



Here's the quick overview from Down to Earth's website:

Quick Overview

Scientifically proven to result in 80% less hair fall and 90% thicker hair, compared to other chemical-based shampoos containing SLS/SLES.
Aloe vera-olive scent.

When your hair's been through the perils of chemical treatments, such as styling, perming and rebonding, it's bound to get brittle and fragile.  This will cause hair to thin and fall.  Now the new CreamFoam technology infuses your hair with Philippine coco nectar and hydrolyzed proteins to restore your hair to its former glory, naturally.  Your scalp gets some hydrating TLC also, so your hair is stronger from root to tip!

And this is what was written behind the bottle:

Save your hair before it's gone! Clinically proven to reduce hairfall by 80% after 4 weeks of continuous use, our Natural Strengthening Shampoo is infused with hydrolyzed protein to fortify your hair, and Philippine coco nectar, a revolutionary ingredient that bursts with amino acids, vitamins and minerals.  Our breakthrough CREAMFoam technology acts like a lotion to moisturise your hair and scalp, leaving you with hair so much stronger, healthier and shinier!

Below are the ingredients.  Pretty au-naturel, I'd say:

I've been using it for 4 weeks now and here's my review on it:

Packaging:
I bought the 200ml bottle and I have to say the packaging fits very nicely and allows me to drip the bottle well with its curve shape.  One thing that gave me a bit of a problem was the cap.  I appreciate the fact that it's tight and helps to ensure no leakage during postage and all, but I have to say that it's REALLY tight.  I have a hard time opening it to use.  It might be a defect for just this bottle, I'm not sure, as I bought the 50ml bottle and it doesn't have give me the same hiccups.  That said, we'll see whether it gets looser as time passes.

Smell:
Okay, I have no idea how to describe the smell, but it's definitely sharp!  It's not the best smell on a product, but I do wonder if it's due to the fact that it's all natural?  It's something that I'm trying to get used to though.

Texture:
One thing I do notice is that I have to use a little bit more than the conventional chemical laced hair shampoos in order to get it foamed.  The first time I used it, I had to top up half way cause the hair was getting tangled. It took me the third use to remember to add a bit more.  Another thing I had to make sure I remember is to shake the bottle.  It took me quite a few times to remember it.  With this combo, the lather works out pretty nicely.

Does it strengthen my hair though?  That is yet to be determined.  I do know that my food intake hasn't been as healthy as I wished it to be, and it may have contributed to the amount of hair that's dropping off, as well as it may just be nature and the amount of hair that drops off from my head just tends to be more than others.  Nonetheless, in comparison to the shampoos I've used thus far, this seems to be helping a little.  The amount of hair that drops off during shower seems to be lesser.

I guess I'll continue to use this for a while and see if it helps in the long run.

One thing for sure, I don't have to worry too much about stocking up because I have to say, the delivery service by Down To Earth is just awesome.

No comments: